Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So um...how'd that happen, again?

May be working on a memoir and book about Elvis Presley soon.  The random bizarreness of life in LA sort of sneaks up and sucker punches you, sometimes. I can honestly tell you that in summer, 1977, if you had told barely teenaged me that I was going to one day help write a book about Elvis Presley - or how that was going to come about, I'd have told you you were certifiably insane.  For that matter, if you'd told me that just last month, I'd have asked you if you were high.

Life is strange.  And getting stranger.  There's more to it, but that's all I feel at liberty to say without betraying confidences.

The book is actually already written.  My job will be to help shore it up for sending out - to edit it for an editor to edit, basically.  I'm pretty good at that, if I do say so myself.  Won't know more until I've had a chance to read the first chapter and make notes for the writer, and we can decide whether or not working together is something we want to do.  I feel if we can come to a satisfactory agreement on expectation and compensation, it should go well.  I'm really interested in the project, and the person writing the book seems very sincere.  So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment