Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cleanse Day 5

I went off the cleanse today because I spent most of my waking hours at Calli's son Wyatt's 1st birthday party.

I should have stuck to the salad.

It's amazing the difference in just 5 days of cleansing. A) meat is not good. I think plain chicken will be fine, but sausage (turkey) is gross. B) apparently, I am sensitive to wheat or gluten or both, because I had a little capellini and some cake, and about 2 hours later, I felt like I couldn't breathe, I was congested, and my throat was full of phlegm. That's a major bummer, because I love bread and pasta, but at least now I know what probably triggers that reaction in me (the cleanse bans wheat and gluten). I get that condition a lot, and it's miserable. I also eat a lot of bread and pasta. So again, bummer. Bread and pasta, I will miss you.

I am back on the cleanse tomorrow. I just like how it feels a LOT better.

The party was really nice. I finally got to actually talk to Calli's friend Cristen, and she's cool. I'm glad I finally got to meet her for real, rather than just seeing her in passing. And Wyatt's a cutie pie. I can't wait till he's talking and old enough to do stuff like go to Disneyland. :) He glommed onto me just before I was leaving and laid his head on my shoulder. He's such a little heartbreaker, that one. :) I wish I knew my own niece and nephew as well as I know Calli's kids, but when you're not a close family and you live 1400 miles from the kids in question, it just doesn't work out. It makes me sad, sometimes. I love my Yoda brother, so I really wish I saw him more. Darth Brother, not so much, but Yoda brother is cool. The ugliness over the dairy has increased. Darth Brother did not like my shove it email and sent one back of his own, and boy, did he get ugly. Like really ugly. I had felt a little guilty about the tone of my mail and was going to apologize, but then I read today's missive and decided fuck that. I told him just to do whatever needed to be done and that I don't want to hear about it again except for a heads up before the sale is final so that I can go out and take photos and rebury my dad's ashes deeper. And then I really don't care if I never talk to him again. I didn't tell him that, but there's been no love lost between us since 1980, and that's clearly not going to change. He's an unmitigated ass, and I'm sick of his condescending, arrogant bullshit.

*sigh*

later,
kd

No comments:

Post a Comment