Friday, February 5, 2010

Cleanse Days 3 & 4

Day 3 still yummy. Craving sugar and Diet Coke big time. No surprise, there. :( Addiction is a beyotch. I had some issues with the quinoa & red lentil patties, in that I put too much water in, so it turned out much more like porridge than patties. Ah well. Moira tells me to add cornmeal if it happens again, so I picked some up at the store tonight.

Day 4 not so yummy, but that's just personal preference. It was butternut squash, which I love, but it had an Indian flavor, which I'm not a huge fan of, in general. I mean, I like Indian food, and I love me the curry, but not in my butternut squash soup, which I prefer to be more buttery and savory than cardamom-y and sweet. If I'd left out the cinnamon and cardamom, I probably would have liked it a lot more. It was a good recipe, just not how I normally spice my butternut squash soup. Ty LOVED it. Better than mine, so what do I know, I guess. :)

As far as the cleansing goes, I'm definitely going through an adjustment period the last 2 days. I don't have a lot more energy yet, but I do feel healthier, so that's good. :) And I like that the food's not heavy, and I can just about eat as much as I want without feeling guilty. There's no portion control. I probably shouldn't stuff myself, because that's not good for anybody, no matter what you're eating, but somehow I think stuffing myself on lentils and salad is not the same as doing it with breaded chicken and mashed potatoes. So right now, I'm not worrying about how much I eat. And I definitely want to do the spring and summer cleanses, as well. I can definitely see some physical changes for the better - my tongue is not so cut any longer, and I'm not getting any new white spots in my nails...those had suddenly sprung up overnight, and it was CRAZY. I had TONS of them. I mean seriously, people, holy smokes. Thankfully though, there aren't any new ones. I think my skin is starting to look a little rosier and more clear, but since it's only been 4 days, that's probably my imagination. Still, I'm liking the dietary changes, and we've decided to limit our meals with meat to only 3 or so a week, and much smaller portions. I'm just going to augment the meals with stuff like quinoa, which is really easy to make, and now I know how to season it for more noms. :)

So there you have it. In other news, my brother emailed me he's selling my dad's dairy. That's a whole nother post on its own, and not a happy one, so I'm not gonna talk about it now, if ever. Suffice to say I'm bitter and angry and resentful, and I let him know it. It's one thing to tell me it has to be sold. It's another to misrepresent facts in evidence and hard sell me on it while telling me you'd really like the money for it so that you can go to grad school when Mom & Dad paid for your frigging college education, car, computer, off-campus apartment, and you got to go to a good school (UT), while I paid for all my own college expenses and ended up having to drop out because I couldn't go to school and pay rent at the same time, because no one was paying my frigging rent. Or for my car. Or gas. Or car insurance. Or, you know, FOOD. And at UTA, because that was the only school I could afford to attend. So hai - u SUCK.

Yeah. That's a whole nother post.

Later,
kd

No comments:

Post a Comment