Monday, February 9, 2009

My dad died this morning.

It was unexpected and most likely a heart attack. He was 76.

No, I'm not handling it well.

I don't know when the funeral is. Will be having a conference call with my brothers sometime probably today to talk about it. I think we should do a cremation, but the one brother I've been able to talk to doesn't want to.

I can't afford $1000 to fly back for a funeral. A cremation would allow me to get a decent airfare. Because of how the blood pooled, the casket can not be open. I haven't seen my dad in 5.5 years, and I can't see him now.

I'm thankful I talked to him on the phone 2 weeks ago and that it was the best conversation I've ever had with him. I was going to call him this weekend, but I wasn't able to get the time. That sucks.

later.

4 comments: