Monday, December 29, 2008

Hola, Peeps!



I forgot to post Happy Holidays before they actually began, so please consider this my retroactive best wishes for the holiday season. :)

Computer time's been at a premium lately anyway, so most of the time when I got near my computer, it was just to check email and update my status line on Twitter. Also, Jumpin' Jeebus on a pogostick, was I stressed. The holidays are not always warm and fuzzy times here, and this year was pretty suck. Let's move on...

The pups are doing well. We go for a mile walk every day the weather permits, and that seems to be helping build rapport with them. Razzle is much better behaved now and even comes when he's called...sometimes. Napoleon still has extremely selective hearing when it comes to his name, but he's slightly better, too. Both of them are hellions much of the time, but they're getting better since the walks started. Good advice, that. :)

Let's see...

I got everything I asked for for Christmas: remote shutter for camera (not the wireless one, but that's okay), new camera battery, and Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog on dvd. w00t! I also got a cover for the lcd on my camera, which I really wanted but couldn't find. :)

Just before the holidays, I bought a present for myself, Marian Call's Got to Fly cd, and I love it. Especially Nerd Anthem, She's a Good Old Girl, and It's Good to Have Jayne on Your Side. :) If you're a fan of Firefly/Serenity, you won't be disappointed in it, and the music's good on it's own. Even the songs specifically written about certain geek shows are very broad, so if you aren't a tv geek, you can still dig the tunes for their own music and merit. The lyrics are not specific in most cases, and those that are are only specific if you happen to know the reference. Otherwise, they're just lyrics. Most people probably don't know that "She'll fly true" is a line from Firefly - in the context of the lyrics it does not stand out in geekitude in the slightest. The one utterly Firefly song is actually a real song written by someone else about an Alaskan man named Shane; it's pretty funny all she did was change the name Shane to Jayne and the word mothers to mudders, and it works perfectly. :)

I'm really glad Christmas is over and New Year's is almost done, too. I'm spending my time trying to find a job, rebranding Dragonfly to Bijoux Bisous so I can sell stuff other than jewelry, and girding my loins to actually do my taxes. Aside from that, it's still all puppies, all the time. TB is going out of town for 4 days beginning on Thursday, I believe, so I probably won't be around much except between the hours of 11p and 2a, when both dogs are finally in bed and sleeping.

That's all I got. I hope everyone had a good Christmas/Hanukkah and has a safe and happy New Year's Eve. All good things for all of us in 2009. Fervently wished.

xo,
kd

No comments:

Post a Comment