Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stormy Ghost Chasers...or Ghostly Storm Chasers

Me again. Tonight, I saw another reality show on Discovery or somesuch "educational" channel, Storm Chasers.

What a train wreck, in all the ways Bad Girls Club isn't. It's horrible. Simply horrible. I refuse to believe that ANY of those people are actually scientists. Srsly. To give you an idea:

1. Rename the show Ghost Chasers.
and
2. Change all references to tornadoes/rotation to ghosts/ectoplasm/cold spots/EVP/spectral activity.

You won't have to amp up the melodrama or high theatrics even the tiniest bit. It's already there. It reminds me of an episode of Ghost Hunters, only way less interesting. Ghost Hunters has a certain campy goodtime to it, and since I've encountered a ghost or 2 and know they're actually out there, Ghost Hunters kinda fascinates me. It's terrible, but there's a level of cheese to it that I adore and find amusing. Not so much with Storm Chasers.

Not so much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment