Thursday, December 18, 2008

Meows is back!

The kitty is found. :) Some people had her a couple of miles away, way down on Ventura Blvd. I had put her poster up at our vet's (along with every other vet's office in like a 10 mile radius), and the neighbors of the people who found her told them they'd seen her picture up and gave them the number. So they called Ty this morning, and he went and got her and surprised me with her. I'm really glad she's safe and sound and happy to have her back again, but I'm worried she won't stay. :( That would suck, so please send the happy kitty vibes for her to stay. I knew in my heart she hadn't gotten killed, so I'm really glad to see her again. I hope she stays.

In other news, it's 54 degrees in the house, and I'm freezing my ass off. I want heat. I hate being cold. Like, really hate it. It makes me bitchier than you've ever seen a woman. It makes me want to punch things. I seriously can't take being this m*!#$!$^!&*@$%g cold all the time. It makes me want to not do anything but stay in front of a space heater or under tons of covers. Unfortunately, my living situation allows for neither. Can I point out exactly how fucking miserable it is to do dishes when it's 50 fucking degrees in your house? You can't do dishes in a fucking parka. You also can't really comfortably eat, brush your teeth, clean the bathroom, do laundry, or any other household chore in a fucking parka.

Did I mention the irritability? Coz dude, the cold makes me really fucking irritable. And the longer I'm cold, the more irritable (which is how nice people say bitchy) I get. I can be cold going outside. I can be cold waiting for my car to warm up on a drive in the cold outside. I can be cold in a host of places and under a wealth of situations, but I NEED MY MOFO-ING HOUSE TO BE WARM. I need my bed to be warm. I need to be able to get out of bed in a house that's not 45 frigging degrees or colder in the mornings. If I can see my breath inside my house, IT'S TOO MOTHERF'G COLD IN IT. I will give up television. I will give up the internet. I can not give up central heat and hot running water. I just can't. This sucks beyond all measure. (i do wish to point out we have hot water. if we didn't, i'd murder someone. just to get that out there.)

So now, I have to go stand in the bathroom in my parka and brush my teeth while the space heater warms the room enough for me to change from my clothing to my flannel sock monkey pj's as fast as is humanly possible, and then jump into my nice, icy cold bed. I hope the dogs aren't too cold. :( They don't have covers. They're inside, but they don't have a doghouse or anything to build heat. :( I worry about them.

But the cat's home. That's definitely a good thing. Vibes and energy, please.

xo,
kd

No comments:

Post a Comment