Friday, December 5, 2008

Sigh. It's 2008, and still.

You'd think that by now people would have gotten used to the idea that black people are people too. We live in a country full of people who are not like us, no matter what we happen to be. So it really should come as no big deal when a black man is elected president. It should come as no big deal when a woman runs for president. Or that gay people would like to be married.

And yet, the world is full of scared, little idiots.

I really don't understand this mindset, at all. I understand that some people are terrified of anything not like themselves. And I understand that for pretty much 8 longass years, this country has been fueled more and more by people in Washington who set the standard for drawing lines in the sand and dividing the country into Us and Them. But apparently, the citizenry of this country is even more frightened and ignorant than I give them credit for. Which is saying a LOT, because frankly, I revile much of America for being completely stupid. No offense, but I see so much stupidity and nastiness on a daily basis that I really kinda gave up on most of my fellow countrymen some years ago. I realize some of you are aces, and that's the only thing that keeps me going, so don't think I've written the lot of you off. But I *have* decided that about 90% of you suck. Just clearly not the 10% reading here. I am all about the tough love, and if you were one of the 90, you wouldn't be here, so please don't feel put upon. I love you. And I don't think you're walking around spouting "kill kill," so let's move on.

Thanks for the birthday greetings and love. :) I spent the day doing nothing and going to the bark park. Actually, not nothing. I did unload the dishwasher. :)

Someone emailed me about a job and then failed to email me back. I wish she'd email back. I could use one. I'm about to head out to Westlake on Monday afternoon and see about a waiting job out there, in a deli. I'm not thrilled with this proposition, but times are tough, and they just got a LOT tougher in the Doyle household. Hopefully when EDD calls on Saturday, they'll see I'm not a sick slacker and will give me my benefits back, because other cuts were just made to the household, as well. :( I really think this is going to turn into a depression, if it's not already. If you have a job in this economy, be stoked, no matter how crappy a job it might be.

So we're starting a new year here, what with the birthday and all, and I'm going to try to make my posts more positive. Oh, don't worry, there will still be kvetching. I don't think I can blog without kvetching, what with this being my only form of therapy and all, but I also subscribe to that whole your thoughts are your words are your deeds thing, and if I want to be happier, I have to try to be happier, and I guess that means I shouldn't blog so much dour and sour crap. It's easier to blog the bad, because there's so freaking much of it these days, but the good needs more airing, too. I admire those people who are happy. Or seem happy. I want so much to be like them. The positive people. The shiny, happy people. I don't understand how they do it anymore than I do the hateful, hate-spewing bigots. But it's probably easier to pretend to be one of the Happy. I've been doing that most of my life. I just need to remember how. Maybe then I'll find hope again. Hope makes it a lot easier to be happy. Or to seem to be, anyway. And seeming is believing. Or something like that. ;)

xo,
kd

No comments:

Post a Comment