Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I made a hat!

It's my first one, ever. :)

Stylin', no? (365.2 Day 286)

The pom pom is ridiculously thin and floppy (I should have used at least 2x as much thread), but I do not care. :) I made a hat!

I got nothin' else, really. Still can't find all my receipts for my taxes. My friend Dagmar came home sometime in the last week (I don't know when she left the message; I think over the weekend) to find 2 men robbing her house - with guns. She hightailed it outta there and apparently did not get shot, but I haven't spoken to her yet, so I don't know the particulars. I'm glad she didn't get shot, but I'm mad as hell some assholes figured a) they'd rob her house; b) they'd rob her house with guns; and c) they could have shot and killed her, and something bad would have gone down if she didn't think on her feet as fast as she does. She has a son and a fiance and friends, and we would have all been without her. That angers me. A lot.

later,
katie

ps. if you want a hat, you should let me know what colors you like. :) and i think this would look better in a solid color, or maybe with stripes, but not so much with the variegated yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment