Friday, October 10, 2008

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue!

I have just come from Jonny-C & Tom's wedding, and it was awesome! :) Even though it was at the courthouse, the judge really put in an effort to make it more of a wedding ceremony and not just some civil thing where you stand there and say "I do," trade rings, and go home. He did a short interview with them first, to find out how long they've known each other and been together and what their relationship is like, and then he read 1 Corinthians 13 ("love is patient, love is kind," starting with verse 4) and asked if they'd written their own vows. They hadn't, so he supplied some which were really pretty and very loving. Tom was reading his, got to a point and stopped and went, "Well this says woman." We all laughed, and the judge sheepishly said he hadn't gotten to retype them yet, that this was all still new to him. It was really cute, and we all just laughed, and Tom finished, and then Jon read his. It was all really nice and beautiful, and I think almost all of us were crying, including the marriage boys. :) Also, all of us had cameras or video cameras in our hands, and afterwards, we joked about how well and over-produced it was, because most of us also work in television. :) After the ceremony, the judge told the happy couple he wished them a happy marriage, and that if he saw them in divorce court any time in the next 40 years, he was sending them both to jail. :) He was a really nice justice, I have to say, and obviously happy to be presiding over marriages. :) We all went downstairs, and Marcella had remembered bird seed, so we formed a line and tossed it while we sang the wedding march and made the guys walk past us (poor men!), and then we all went to lunch. :) It was totally, totally awesome, and I cried, and I don't care. :)

I'm totally thrilled that I got to go today and be part of their joy. I even got to sign the marriage license as a witness!!! How awesome is THAT!?! I feel like I got to wear a pretty, pretty Cinderella dress and catch the bouquet. :) What a perfect, awesome day. We even have gorgeous weather. Tomorrow is the reception party, and I hope I get to go for a lot of it. With the puppies, one never knows, and I'm looking forward to going, but even if I can't, I got to go today, and that's what matters. Of all the weddings I've been to, this was, by far, the best and my favorite. :)

xo,
katie

No comments:

Post a Comment